A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/29/2004

Dead Girls Don't Write Letters - Gail Giles

Gail Giles would kick the crap out of M. Night Shama-whats-it when it comes to the twist ending.

I love Gail Giles.

Dead Girls Don't Write Letters is a very loose version of the prodigal son story. (For those of you that aren't familiar, check out comparativereligion.com. Pretty cool). Sunny's older sister, Jazz, died in a fire a few months ago. Their dad starts drinking, their mom falls apart, and Sunny (except for the whole parents=crazy thing) is actually pretty happy. Everyone else had seen Jazz as this beautiful, vibrant and wonderful girl. Only Sunny knew that she was actually the devil--manipulative, selfish and just plain horrible. But then, Sunny gets a letter from Jazz. And she's coming home.
I read this book in about 45 minutes. And it was a good thing that the house wasn't burning down or anything, because I wouldn't have moved until I was done. Now I have to track down Playing in Traffic. After I've read that one, I'll just have to sit around and wait until she writes another one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds interesting! Tha all important question - does the library have it? :)

-Sarah

6:06 AM

 
Blogger off the hook said...

that sounds like a really good one, i feel that you've mentioned it to me before. i'm so glad that you are my sister and that you read books in an hour as well because i get nothing but crap for it from everyone... i hope you have a good weekend

9:14 AM

 
Blogger Leila said...

The library doens't have it. But! I asked Janet to buy it. So maybe we'll get it.

Tracy, I'm telling you--it's all about the YA books. Grown-up books are lame. (Well, yes, I read those too. But only when I don't have any young adult books to read).

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Hooray!

Now go and read Last Days of Summer, by Steve Klueger.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Good!

Ask Lauren or Sarah or Emily, it is a MUST-read. MUST.

4:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MUST MUST MUST MUST

(Sarah dutifully adds)

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home