A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/25/2004

Scary people.

So, today kicks off Banned Books Week. I've been looking for info on the internet to supplement what we've already got, and I ran across a group called PABBIS, or Parents Against Bad Books in Schools. They can definitely join the Scary People ranks. Their list of "Bad Books" is actually a list of (mostly) Good Books--in my opinion, obviously. They don't even usually give a synopsis of each book--they just quote (out of context, obviously) every single part of the book that they think is "BAD". The titles that begin with 'The' are found in the 'T' section, which just proves how lame they are. Gaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

PS. Although I don't include anything by Francesca Lia Suck on my personal list of Good Books, I still wouldn't try to get her books yanked from libraries. Jerks.

PPS. And their acronym stinks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most acronyms stink.

-Sarah

6:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home