A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/24/2004

Gilligan meets the crew from Salem?

Lauren inspired me to make good use of my day off yesterday--I watched Days of our Lives for the first time since this spring. And oh, how things have changed...

Thursday's Highlights (according to me):

  • Everyone on the island has a really, really bad fake tan (except Alice Horton--and I'll get to her in a bit). Hope's is the worst--she looks radioactive. And where is her bra? She almost poked John Black's eyeballs out.

  • And speaking of John Black--has Drake's acting gotten even worse? Or am I just not used to it anymore? My god.

  • I was very impressed with the amazing special effects--sparks during Tony's fabulously choreographed samurai fight, and the forcefield was great. Lauren, what happens if they touch the forcefield? Do THEY DIE? Or just get shocked? At this point, I'm not sure which would be better. Probably the shocks. As we all learned from the Salem Stalker case, no one actually ever dies on the damn show. They just get sent to a crazy island.

  • Do they HAVE to bring back Billie Reed? Again?

  • I HATE HATE HATE the new Belle. She looks like a pug in a wig. She might be the worst actress on the show, and as we all know, that's REALLY saying something.

  • Jan's kewpie doll. What is this? Passions?

  • The Brady family cross that Jen stole from Shawn D. looks like something that you'd buy at the Dollar Store.

  • The actress who plays Alice Horton needs to retire. I think there's a guy behind the couch whispering her lines to her. It's the only possible explanation for the really long pause before all of her lines.

  • Jan is the new queen of the comeback:
    Philip: That doesn't make sense to me, Jan.
    Jan: Well, maybe that's because you're stupid.

    Belle: How could he have done that?
    Jan: After you lied to him, he realized that he kind of... never wanted to see you again. And he hates you.
  • Sami still kicks ass, though--I almost fell over when she said, "THAT WHORE!!!" and tried to kick the crap out of Jan.

  • It's so bad. Yet now, after that little taste, I'm pissed that I work most weekdays. I'll have to start visiting SoapOperaFan.com. Pathetic. They've reeled me in again.

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Lauren K said...

    Leels,

    If they touch the forcefield, they get fried and knocked backwards and lose it for a few seconds. It doesn't have any lasting damage, as Bo, Hope, and others have been zapped multiple times by it. Also, the forcefield can look like it's off, but is actually on, somehow. And only the official "lucky dubloon" of poor, "dead" Patrick or Tony DiMera's "Zen" (remote control) can effectively shut off the forcefield.

    The Kewpie Doll doesn't really talk. I think yesterday is the first time we have actually heard the voice. Jan can hear it, but that's just because Jan is clearly totally bonkers. But have you noticed that all the secondary characters who used to be filler parts for Belle plots are now much bigger parts and much prettier than Belle?

    Pug in a wig! You make-a me laugh!

    As for Hope's bra... when she and Patrick were wandering around in circles looking for Jennifer, something happened to Patrick's shoulder. Maybe it was one of the numerous times he had to climb down a vine that wouldn't hold his weight. Or maybe it was one of the numerous times Hope had to climb down a vine that was destined to snap and he saved her at the last minute. Hard to say, but the boy was injured. Hope's bra, no doubt, was used in some sort of sling. She, as she stated defiantly to stupid John and stupid Roman, is a resourceful woman. Plus, it may look exactly like Salem, but they are on a desert island.

    By which I mean, they have all the stuff that was in their houses, like toys that they can construct a transmitter that sends a code only Bo and Roman know, but evidently Hope can't change her sweat stained shirt or put on a bra. Or do her makeup. Poor Fancy Face.

    Poor Alice Horton too. I thought they'd just let her die, since they were killing off boring people anyway, but no, she's doomed to live forever, as an aging mushy robot. Donuts anyone?

    WHO NEEDS A JOB? I NEED A JOB!!!!

    11:20 AM

     
    Blogger Lauren K said...

    I meant to add that, eventhough the forcefield doesn't kill you, everyone is reverentially terrified of it.

    "No, Hope! Don't touch the forcefield! Our boys need their mother!"

    "Are you saying they don't need their father? I'm coming with you!"

    "No, Hope! The forcefield!!!"

    11:23 AM

     
    Blogger Leila said...

    Thanks. Thanks a lot. Now I can't stop giggling at work and I'm all teary. So much for surreptitiously checking my blog comments.

    I'm glad to know that there's a 'reason' that Hope lost her bra.

    11:30 AM

     
    Blogger Lauren K said...

    It's just a guess, mate. I'm sure that the jobless ladies of the afternoon are really clamoring to see more of Fancy Face's nipples.

    Euuuugie!

    11:59 AM

     
    Blogger Leila said...

    I'd also like to comment on Shawn D.'s miraculous recovery from brain surgery.

    BLAAAAAAAAAH.

    They should make him and Belle (the new one, the old one, the one before that, ALL OF THEM!!) drive off of a cliff.

    Of course, I'm sure that the writers would find a way of saving them.

    12:06 PM

     
    Blogger Lauren K said...

    There must be a map somewhere.... if you drive off Salem's cliff, you end up on the island.

    1:16 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home