A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/22/2004

Chrissy, where are you?

Did you read Shattering Glass yet? Huh? Huh? Oh, don't act like you have a life or something, I know that you're just as bad as I am. Well? Well?

In a similar vein, I ILLed two books, Nothing to Lose, (by Alex Flinn, the lady who wrote Breathing Underwater, and Dead Girls Don't Write Letters, by Gail Giles (She wrote Shattering Glass. It was so good that I want to read her other books. Hint. Hint. Hint). They just came in today, but Carol (our ILL lady) told me to "get my grubby hands off of them" until she's processed them. So I can't take them home until tomorrow. Damn.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, have had a cold for a few days, and you don't EVEN want to know how brain dead it's made me. Really. Haven't been able to string together one sentence let alone several. Am felling a little more myself. You'll be getting an email from me. I have news. No, it's not good news.

chrissyt

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Is it the not-good-news that I think it is? If it is, then I'm pissed.

7:01 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Sorry that you've had a cold, obviously.

7:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's the not the good news you think it is. Someone had more experience.
chrissyt

7:41 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Bastards.

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Lauren K said...

ditto.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

ILL is Inter-Library Loan. (But, like Google, ILL has become a verb to me).

I have a bit of a problem with buying books. It's a sickness. But at the moment, I'm really poor, so I've been doing the ILL thing. (Of course, buying USED books doesn't count. I can't walk out of a used books place emptyhanded).

8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever been to the Graves Memorial Library ongoing book sale? It really is a used book store, tiny, with a bad selection, but I always bring money in case there is a good copy of an old edition classic. I bought The Christmas Carol a couple days ago - it's in good shape and is loaded with pictures. $1.00. :) Buying used books never counts as spending!

3:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was Sarah, btw. As is this. :)

3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is that antiquarium book fair in Boston. I just missed the one in Concord. :(

1:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home