A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/21/2004

Godless - Pete Hautman

The Ten-Legged One Lives!

I don't think that there are many authors out there brave enough to write a YA book about a teenager questioning his religion. Pete Hautman's Godless is the first one that I've run across. I'd imagine that this book is going to ruffle some feathers out there. But I also think that there are plenty of people out there that won't take Jason Bock's personal journey as an attack on their own personal beliefs. I really think that it's a super book, and worth reading, regardless of where you're at, faith-wise. Like the two previous books, it's a book that I don't want to say too much about. So, once again, go and read it so that I can actually talk about it with someone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren K said...

your blog is now in some stupid unreadable font. wtf?

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Could it be your computer? On mine it looks the same as always. I didn't do anything weird.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Lauren K said...

it just might be. oh well.

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Well, crap. I wanted to talk to you about Last Chance Texaco. And you HAVE to read Shattering Glass. And Godless.

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Lauren K said...

well, talk to me! i haven't read the other books yet, but i should boogie on down to the library and get them.

Pop Princess was pretty good. Not great, but sort of authentic.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Lauren K said...

OK, So I just put in an ILL request for Doing It, Shattering Glass, and Godless (which the subject was listed as WATERTOWERS?!?!). Now shut up and let me read, eh?

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Good girl. I have a new pile. I'll keep you posted.

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home