A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/20/2004

Well, someone had to burst the bubble.

We will not be buying the cute little house in Limerick. Being the smart people that we are, we had my dad (the carpenter) look at it. Prognosis = Not Good. While it is a very cute little house, there are many, many problems with it. Problems that we had inklings about, but that we really needed someone else to voice. We are so desperate to have our own space that we were ignoring them. Dad was really, really nice about it, and he didn't want it to be bad news. He understood why we liked the house so much, etc., etc. Anyway. Depressing, but in the long run, a good thing.

Now we just need to win the lottery so that we can move to The County and not worry about having to make a living.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...I'm really sorry to hear about the house. *hugs*
Yeah, definitely win the lottery.

Sarah and I both read and finished You Don't Know Me over the weekend, and we can't wait to discuss it. :) Was this the one that you thought I wouldn't like?

8:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rats!!!

-Sirabby

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Leila said...

It was the one that I wasn't sure if you would like. I was worried that you might think it was a little angst-ridden for your tastes. But we'll talk about it tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be a little more coherent tomorrow at Book Covers. Susan just asked me how I was and I burst into tears, so I'm getting the feeling that this is going to be a really rough Monday.

11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to give you a hug...
~Em

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Now I'm going crazy, wondering what you two made of the book. Grrrr.

2:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now now, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow. *wink*
I'm dying to know how the first BC went, but Sarah said I could just ask you tomorrow.
What the heck is One for the Money? I got a call today to say a book by that title was in and I had reserved it. Unfortunately I have no recollection of what the book is, or of reserving it. I thought you might know seeing as you usually do my reserving.

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

One for the Money is that mega-fluff book about the bounty hunter that you were so set on reading a few weeks ago.

I'm going to be really depressed if you guys didn't like the book, because I'm working on figuring out what we're going to do next week, and so I've been flipping through the book, and I keep finding parts that I love, like when John has his meltdown and:

Mr. Steenwilly's mustache is blown clear off his face.Also, there's a very, very good book on hold for Sarah right now.

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home