A description will appear someday. I promise.

9/13/2004

This whole house-thing is stressful.

The weekends stink, because banks are closed on the weekends, and so we can't really DO anything about getting the house on the weekends. So I can't sleep. Or, I can, until about 2 in the morning, and then I just toss and turn and flip around and throw the blankets off and pull them back on me and toss and turn... (Josh can attest to all of this). I feel like my brain has been run over by a bus. Everything is all fuzzy.

I want Indian food.

Also, I want the bank to just call us up and say, "Oh, that was our mistake! Actually, you DON'T need a down-payment! Why don't you just come on in and sign the paperwork, and you guys can just move in this evening. And, by the way, we're providing a moving company free of charge to move all of your books. And the seller has lowered the price of the house to $10, because he thinks you kids really appreciate his mother-in-law's house, and that you deserve a break."

HA! Ha ha ha ha ha!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes...we all have dreams. :)
That would be nice, though, wouldn't it. I hope everything works out for you, since it's true that you guys really do appreciate his mother-in-law's house, and therefore deserve a break. :)

Oh, I meant to tell you that if you want to see the best acting that you'll see in ages, then watch The Lion in Winter. The new one. Everyone says the old one is incredible, though I haven't seen it, and the new one is extreemly well done and acted. It's amazing.
~Em

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

I didn't even know that they made another one. Weird.

3:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's a hallmark special so it was on TV first. It just came out on DVD. It's the one with Glenn Close and Patrick Stewart.

4:05 PM

 
Blogger Lauren K said...

I should make a joke about Patrick Stewart, but I don't know what to say.

There's supposed to be a pretty good Indian place in Brunswick, but beyond that, any time you want to eat something fun, feel free to come visit me, y'hear?

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

I really, really want to come down and visit, but until this house junk is settles, I can't go anywhere. Of course, once we get the house, everything will be crazy, too.

But I need to come down pretty soon, to hang out and yell about books and drink some beers.

7:20 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Josh talked to the realtor, who had talked the to bank, and apparently the bank said it's all set. Of course, what 'all set' means in English is subjective. But I'm pretty sure that we're going to be able to get it--it's just a matter of when and how much.

Happily, I slept really well last night, but goddamnit, I woke up with a horrible cold. It's always something.

7:46 AM

 
Blogger off the hook said...

come eat indian food with me in portland!!! the best place in the city is right next to my office

love your sister (both ways)

1:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home