A description will appear someday. I promise.

1/10/2005

Obviously, I need to read this book.

A few citizens in the district, including some parents with no children in district schools, wanted "Rainbow Boys" by Alex Sanchez removed from Owen-Withee Junior and Senior High School.

"A whole bunch of people went to the School Board to ask them to remove it, and they wouldn't remove it," said Holly Strickland of Owen, who home-schooled her kids and who said she hasn't read the book - only reviews of it. "To us, it's a homosexual recruiting tool. We're going to try and bring it up again. We're going to try and reason it out of there on the vulgarity issue."


A "homosexual recruiting tool"??? What does that even mean?? Are they building a secret army?

3 Comments:

Blogger Fate said...

Building a secret army! Bwhahahahaha! Too funny. Ya want me to check with my gay husband to find out that? ;o)

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

I just ILLed it. Well, Carol did. But I'll be the one reading it. Aw, yeah.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Chrissy said...

I have it on ILL. I'll let every one know when I sign up,and where the recruiting office is. I wonder what my rank will be...

10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home