A description will appear someday. I promise.

10/23/2004

The plan thus far...

On October 30th (next Saturday), Josh and I will meet our notary at my dad's house, and she'll make it official (with Sean and Collomia as witnesses). But! She's dating the license for October 31st, so, we'll stay up all night and drink beer and have a bonfire, and at midnight, we'll exchange rings. If, of course, we have rings to exchange. If not, we'll get 'em later. Weirdly enough, all you need the notary for is signing the paperwork. We don't have to have an actual ceremony, we don't have to do the 'make up your own vows' (Gack!! P-tooey!) thing, none of that.

Beforehand, we're planning on doing a potluck deal with Dad, Mom, Karen, Briana (if she's not too busy), and Josh's parents. That way everyone can be around for part of it, but no one has to stay up all night unless they want to.

And Collomia, don't worry. I'll get more details to you ASAP.

5 Comments:

Blogger off the hook said...

oh man, that's pretty cool, can i bring my friends?

matt's going to be here next weekend provided he does not break up with me before, can he come?

AND WHY AM I NOT A FREAKING WITNESS? I AM SO OFFENDED!

3:46 PM

 
Blogger off the hook said...

and who all is coming? is it just the parents etc? cos if so i'm so bringing mr flask so i can "get loaded" as josh puts it.

3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipeeeeeeeee! Very cool plan! Are you going to dress up??

I expect a full blog report on Monday!

9:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, That last one was from Tracy :)

9:43 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

There will be pictures posted as soon as I can post 'em--probably Tuesday, when I'm back at work.

Gack. Still so many things to do. Like make my dress.

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home