A description will appear someday. I promise.

10/20/2004

I realize that is is impossible that ALL realtors are scum, but it sure seems like that's the case.

I don't even want to get into the story, because it's too depressing, but it looks like we won't be getting our earnest money back from the realtor.

I told the whole story to someone that I work with, who's married to a realtor, and she was pretty horrified--she apologized, even though she had nothing to do with it (nor did her husband's firm--she just felt the need to apologize due to her connection with the profession).

She said that it was probably legal, but definitely unethical. Basically, it boils down to people sucking, and money being more important than anything else. Especially doing the right thing.

My favorite part of all of this? The realtor has a Jesus fish on her car. Awesome.
Okay. [/bitter mode]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leila,
Unless it was CLEARLY stated that it was a non-refundable realtor's fee for a deposit on something they cannot keep it. Call your Department of Housing and report them/explain what happened. Trust me, I ran into every vile type of realtor when living in Boston. The Dept of Housing REALLY doesn't like that kind of thing, and will help you do something about it.
chrissyt

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

I didn't write about it. I will, but I might need more time before the bitterness completely wears off...

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home