A description will appear someday. I promise.

10/19/2004

How did I miss this when it actually happened?

So yesterday evening, a patron (older lady--at least two generations older than me, at any rate) came in and asked me to see our recent back issues of the New York Times. I showed her where they were. She didn't find what she wanted, so I offered to look around on the internet for her.

She told me that she was looking for a story about "a group of young men that took off all of their clothes, put on thongs and created a human pyramid next to the road that the presidential motorcade was traveling on". I googled a couple of things and came up with this.

Up until the point that I clicked that link, I had been really good--objective, no opinion, etc. But when I saw the picture, I started smirking. (Come on--it's funny!!) She immediately said, "Is there a picture? Let me see!", and she bossed her way around the desk and started giggling, too. Then she had me print it out so that she could take it home.

Rock on, lady. I want to be like you when I grow up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like chrissy's grandmother.

-Jeremy

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Why am I not surprised? Chrissy is so damn cool.

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so moved when I was visiting my grandmother after her "Christmas hip" replacement. She waited until the nurse left the room and then grumbled, "And they won't bring me any hooch."

A little tear trickled down my cheek. I want to be her.

tracy

9:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home