A description will appear someday. I promise.

1/19/2005

The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green -- Joshua Braff

Zach Braff's brother wrote a book.

I'm still ten good minutes away from blessing the challah and I decide to play a game I call "the Unthinkable." If I were to life the bread as I utter the blessing and hurl it in a tight spiral at the refrigerator. If I were to ram ny nose into the braided loaf or sit on it or have it drop from my butt like an enormous turd. If I put it in my mouth and thrashed my head back and forth like a Doberman, leaving nibbled bits of challah bread in our soup bowls and the creases of our laps. Or if I molded it into a big braided schlong and bumped it repeatedly against Asher's forehead.
Family life, New Jersey, the 70s. This was an extremely funny, realistic, smart book. It just felt real. Abram Green, the father, is self-centered, cruel, and obsessive about his need for people to love him--not a winning combination, but a really well-written character.

What more can I say? I've had a really, really long day. I'm exhausted.

It was a super book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home