A description will appear someday. I promise.

11/18/2004

Hooray!!

Pete Hautman won the National Book Award for Godless. The National Book Foundation has a full list of the winners.

Judy Blume was honored with the Medal for Distiguished Contribution to American Letters--she was the first YA author to recieve the award. I heard part of her acceptance speech on NPR this morning, and it sounded great--as she's a huge freedom of speech activist, she was talking about (not surprisingly) censorship. Rad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leila said...

Oddly enough, I'm not all that crazy about a lot of her books--I love the funny ones, but I don't think that the issue ones have aged all that gracefully. (They still circulate heavily at the library, though, so what do I know?) I do think, however, that her books are very important--groundbreaking, even--she totally deserved the award.

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home