A description will appear someday. I promise.

11/12/2004

I love Donal Logue.

He won my heart doing his thing on I Love the '80s. So imagine my delight when I discovered that he was one of the bad guys in Blade. He totally upstaged Stephen Dorff (well, yeah, I know, who couldn't? He irritates me so much that I'm not even going to link to his IMDB page) and I suspect that he (Donal, that is) probably improvised all of his lines. I only wish that he had been on the commentary track. That would've been truly hilarious.

The swordfight at the end between Blade and Stephen Dorff reminded me of Tony Dimera's samauri fight on Days. I'm not sure who won out on the 'more sparks' front, though. It might have been a tie. Excellent.

But Donal was still the best part of the movie. Except for maybe Kris Kristofferson, but I've learned the hard way that Kris always dies in the movies, and he always dies pretty bad. And they never even let him sing. Sad. In that totally crap Tim Burton remake of Planet of the Apes, he died in the first fifteen minutes. That was when I knew it was going to be more awful than I had previously suspected. But I'm not going to get started on that again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

So, I wanted to comment here, but it will turn into a vampire movie rant, which I don't think anyone wants.
Leila, watch Blade II.

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Are you going to rant over in Chrissy-Land about it? Because I do love your rants...

And, re: Blade. How the hell is it a good idea for the stupid bad vampire (Stephen Dorff) to raise up the big bad vampire god that will turn everyone on the planet into vampires?? What are they going to eat? Stupid, stupid Stephen Dorff.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Chrissy said...

You see my point. But it wouldn't just stop at Blade. It would keep going and going until it ate us all. I mean really, what would they eat?..unless they were preparred to go cannibal. At least what Akasha was doing in Queen of the Damned made sense, killing all the stupid baby-vamps. But that's the Anne Rice world of vampires which is a whole other rant, not to mention why she lets folks take her books and make then into HORRIBLE movies (well, her books suck too, but not as bad as the movies).
goddammit...
I'm going to have to aren't I? I hate being a sterotype (goth).

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Hee hee hee. I will say that I was totally thinking about you in particular when I realized how absolutely retarded stupid Stephen Dorff's plan was...

2:13 PM

 
Blogger Chrissy said...

Yeah, if I was going to terrorize the world, or take it over, I'd have a MUCH better plan.
Stupid vampire.

8:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home