A description will appear someday. I promise.

8/24/2004

Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

A veritable sobfest.

So I finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife last night. It falls into the category of science fiction, but the kind of sci-fi where you actually care about the characters. And I think that it would also fall into the category of science fiction that people who normally don't like science fiction would like, and that hard-core sci-fi people might not like. And it was a love story. And, yes, a major tear-jerker. At least, I thought so.

So will someone else please read this? Because I want to know if it's really as good as I thought it was, or if I'm just getting sappy in my old age.

Oh, right. I've discovered (and I'm not the only one--I talked to Collomia and she said the same thing) that due to only reading YA books for so long, sex scenes in grown-up books totally freak me out.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, all right, I'll read it! ;)
Sarah and I are coming in later today, so maybe I'll get it then . I'm almost out of books anyway.

12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, all right, I'll read it. I was gonna say it first, but someone else got their comment in before me. Humph. Probably did it while I was whipping the hell out of my merangue. I hate that stuff....!

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Who are you, anonymous poster? I have my suspicions, due to the 'whipping the hell out of' bit, but I'm not guessing. I refuse.

3:22 PM

 
Blogger sillabub said...

Hye, have you ever read anything by Anne Bishop?

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

The description sold me. I'll read that one ASAP.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Sillabub,

I haven't read any Bishop. Looks like (from reviews on Amazon, etc.) that the one to start with is Daughter of the Blood. Yes?

4:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whip the hell out of, etc." - Sirabby


Did you guess right? :)

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

I will, for sure. I already asked my Library Director if we could get it. I thought that the passages quoted on Amazon were a riot, so I'm really looking forward to reading it.

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home