A description will appear someday. I promise.

12/21/2004

Realm of Possibility -- David Levithan

I think that this book is going to win the Printz award. I'd put money on it.

There are a lot of verse novels out there. I think that this one blows most of them right out of the water. It's beautifully written, it's a special book, and everyone should read it--when I finished it the first time, I turned back to the beginning and started again.

Twenty teenagers, twenty poems, twenty perspectives. My favorites? At the moment, "The Patron Saint of Stoners" and "The Day". "TPSoS" is about a girl trying to buy pot for the first time. And "The Day" is about a boy, back at school for the first time after a break-up--the poem is in alphabetical order by line. I got to the 'R's before I realized it--which says a lot for the writing.

Read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home