A description will appear someday. I promise.

8/13/2004

Praying for rain.

Which is shocking, considering that it's been the rainiest summer that I can remember. We've had maybe three sunny days. BUT! Today is the last day of Storytime at the Beach, and I have no desire to do the Hokey Pokey in front of all kinds of scantily-clad teenaged sun-worshippers.

Which reminds me. A fashion don't. (Many who know me will say that I have no room to talk, but, whatever. Bite me). Yesterday afternoon, we were all at the Wharf, drinking drinks. There was a woman in her mid-30s across from us wearing Jo-Lo sunglasses, which was bad enough, but also this awful white tanktop that said, "Spoiled Rotten" across her nunga-nungas in rhinestones, with a magenta bra underneath. The tank tap was delibarately pulled down so that the bra was sticking out. Is this some sort of horrifyingly tacky trend that we up in Maine are unaware of? Am I just getting old?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leila, this is Sarah. I figured I'll just mention who I am every time I post, since I do not need yet another blog. I have the LiveJournal, and also a modblog, which you should look at because I just reworked the format and it is AWESOME! :) The addy is: lessea.modblog.com. Besides that, I have an account at Xanga so that I can post a friend's journal there. You can post as anonymous at my LiveJournal without getting an account, and my blog has all the same stuff on it so that doesn't matter. Anyway, I'll definitly tell Emily about this so she can check you out, and her LiveJournal name is 'ivegotdepp' so you can check her out too!
So anyway. I'm such a geek, I always post, so you'll have at least one faithful reader! :)

9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Emily. Sarah told me about your blog, and of course I just had to check it out. :)
First off, you're not getting old by a long shot, and that is not a fashion trend. It's just disgusting!

Ah...Hokey Pokey. I wondered what you were up to at the beach. Gee, I would hate to do that. I mean it's fine for the little kids, but at this time of year we teenagers are everywhere, scaring the heck out of everyone. (That of course does not include myself or Sarah!)
I hope you got your wish, though, since it looks rather foggy out.

"Ghastly weather."

"Bleak, very bleak."

:) Laters...

10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, jeez - hahahahahahaha...

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Lauren K said...

Actually, the shirt was a warning. Like a medic-alert bracelet for boobs. Hers were spoiled rotten.

1:01 PM

 
Blogger Leila said...

Damn. Time for new implants.

This town is full of 'fabulous' people. It's gross. Josh had to go and landscape some guy's lawn--he hadn't seen him since last summer, and apparently the guy just got a facelift. Josh said he couldn't even look him in the face, as it was all pulled and scary-looking. And what do they do with the extra skin? Probably put it in Ms. Spoiled Rotten's nasty bra.

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home